Universal Orlando Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In 2012 Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem 3-D arrived, honoring one of Universal Pictures' most successful films by making it the first of the studio's animated flicks to be made into a ride. At this writing, the park is slated to open TRANSFORMERS: The Ride 3-D in summer 2013, an attraction packed with the explosions and attacks of an intergalactic battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons. Cutting-edge technology shines at Islands of Adventure, where Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is better than ever with 4K digital high-definition animation—the highest resolution on the market. Plus, Universal Studios introduced the daytime Superstar Parade, starring animated characters and street performers, and the evening film and firework extravaganza Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories.
Wet 'n Wild unveiled a completely new Kids' Park, a 15,000-square-foot playground centered on a massive "sand castle" with 160 water jets, cannons, and soakers, and at CityWalk, two 18-hole miniature golf courses with a '50s sci-fi movie theme opened.Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's