Prices throughout this guide are given for adults. Substantially reduced fees are almost always available for children, students, and senior citizens.
We cite information about credit cards only if they aren't accepted at a restaurant or a hotel. Otherwise, assume that most major credit cards are acceptable.
It's good to inform your credit-card company before you travel to prevent it from putting a hold on your card owing to unusual activity—not a good thing halfway through your trip. Record all your credit-card numbers—as well as the phone numbers to call if your cards are lost or stolen—in a safe place, so you're prepared should something go wrong.
Both MasterCard and Visa have general numbers you can call if your card is lost, but you're better off calling the number of your issuing bank, since MasterCard and Visa usually just transfer you to your bank; your bank's number is usually printed on your card.
Reporting Lost Cards
American Express (800/528-4800. www.americanexpress.com.)
Diners Club (800/234-6377. www.dinersclub.com.)
Discover (800/347-2683. www.discovercard.com.)
MasterCard (800/622-7747. www.mastercard.com.)
Visa (800/847-2911. www.visa.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $71-$111 -- Family Resort inside Disney w/Shuttles, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $69-$99 -- Orlando Resort w/Upgrade to 3-BR Villa, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $499 & up -- Last Minute: 4-Night Bahamas & Key West Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $8.46 & up -- Car Rentals across Florida CarRentals.com
- $99 & up -- Key Largo Suites Hotel w/Private Beach, 50% Off — $99 BookIt.com