- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dolphin Landings Charter Boat Center has daily four-hour cruises to unspoiled Egmont Key at the mouth of Tampa Bay. Hubbard's Marina also operates a ferry to Egmont Key on most days. Climb aboard the glass-bottom boats of St. Nicholas Boat Line to take a sightseeing cruise of Tarpon Springs' historic sponge docks and see a diver at work.
On Captain Memo's Pirate Cruise, crew members dressed as pirates take you on sightseeing and sunset cruises in a replica of a 19th-century sailing ship. Starlite Cruises operates two very different ships for lunch, sightseeing, and dinner cruises: the Starlite Majesty, a sleek, yacht-style vessel; and Starlite Princess, an old-fashioned paddle wheeler that sails out of St. Pete Beach.
Captain Memo's Pirate Cruise (Clearwater Beach Marina, Clearwater Beach, FL, 33767. 727/446–2587. www.captainmemo.com.)
Dolphin Landings Charter Boat Center (4737 Gulf Blvd., St. Pete Beach, FL, 33706. 727/360–7411. www.dolphinlandings.com.)
Hubbard's Marina (150 John's Pass, Madeira Beach, FL, 33708. 727/867–6569. www.hubbardsmarina.com.)
St. Nicholas Boat Line (693 Dodecanese Blvd., Tarpon Springs, FL, 34689. 727/942–6425.)
Starlite Cruises (Clearwater Beach Marina, at the end of Rte. 60, Clearwater Beach, FL, 33767. 727/462–2628. www.starlitecruises.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's