- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tampa International Airport, the area's largest and busiest airport, with 19 million passengers per year, is served by most major carriers and offers ground transportation to surrounding cities. Many of the large U.S. carriers also fly into and out of Sarasota–Bradenton International Airport. St. Petersburg–Clearwater International Airport, 9 miles west of downtown St. Petersburg, is much smaller than Tampa International and has limited service.
Airport Transfers: SuperShuttle is one of the easiest ways to get to and from the airport if you forgo a rental car. All you need to do is call or visit the SuperShuttle website to book travel—they'll pick you up and/or drop you off wherever you're staying at any hour. Basic service costs around $28.
Blue One Transportation provides service to and from Tampa International Airport for areas including Hillsborough (Tampa, Plant City), Pinellas (St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, Clearwater), and Polk (Lakeland) counties. Rates vary by pickup location/destination and fuel costs.
Sarasota–Bradenton International Airport (941/359–2777. www.srq-airport.com.)
St. Petersburg–Clearwater International Airport (727/453–7800. www.fly2pie.com.)
Tampa International Airport (813/870–8700. www.tampaairport.com.)
Blue One Transportation (813/282–7351. www.blueonetransportation.com.)
SuperShuttle (800/258–3826. www.supershuttle.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's