- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bobby Jones Golf Course. There are 45 holes and a driving range; greens fees are $17–$37. 1000 Circus Blvd., Sarasota, FL, 34232. 941/365–2200. www.bobbyjonesgolfclub.com.
Bobcat Trail Golf Club. This is a par 71 public,18-hole course 35 mi from Sarasota; greens fee $30–$69. 1350 Bobcat Trail, North Port, FL, 34288. 941/429–0500. www.bobcattrailgc.com/.
Forest Lakes Golf Club. At this semiprivate 18-hole course with a practice range, greens are fee $21–$50. Par 71. 10521 Clarcoa-Ocoee Rd., Ocoee, FL, 34761. 407/654–4653. www.forestlakegolf.com.
Heron Creek Golf & Country Club. A semiprivate 27-hole course; greens are fee $49–$75. 5301 Heron Creek Blvd., North Port, FL, 34287. 941/423–6955 or 800/877–1433. www.heron-creek.com.
University Park Country Club. There are 27 holes at this Ron Garl–designed club, which is private but does allow nonmembers limited play after 11 am; greens are fee $59–$99. 7671 The Park Blvd., University Park, FL, 34201. 941/359–9999. www.universitypark-fl.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's