- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Destin Fishing Rodeo. Anglers young and old compete in offshore and inshore categories throughout October. Destin, FL. 850/837–6734. www.destinfishingrodeo.org.
Florida Seafood Festival. In November, Apalachicola celebrates the oyster harvest with oyster-shucking and -eating contests. Apalachicola, FL. 888/653–8011. www.floridaseafoodfestival.com.
Pensacola Jazzfest. Groove to the sounds of America's indigenous musical form during this early April event downtown. Pensacola, FL. 850/433–8382. www.jazzpensacola.com.
Pensacola Seafood Festival. Fried, broiled, battered, grilled, or served gourmet—the fish options abound at this September event in downtown Pensacola. And while that's the main course, side dishes to this family-friendly festival are arts and crafts, cooking demonstrations, children's activities, and live entertainment. Pensacola, FL. 850/433–6512. www.fiestaoffiveflags.org/seafoodfestival.
Springtime Tallahassee. Held in late March or early April, the capital city's major cultural event has handmade works, stages with entertainment, and a crowd-pleasing parade. Tallahassee, FL. 850/224–5012. www.springtimetallahassee.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's