- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Panhandle is a large area, and there are a number of airports to access the largest cities. Two major east–west routes offer alternatives to Interstate 10. Roughly parallel to its modern cousin, U.S. 90 is an early byway that goes from Tallahassee through small Old Florida towns like Marianna and DeFuniak Springs on its way to Pensacola. From Pensacola, U.S. 98 generally skirts along the Gulf of Mexico through seaside towns and communities like Fort Walton Beach, Destin, Panama City Beach, and Apalachicola, providing some breathtaking waterfront drives.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's