- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pensacola consists of three distinct districts—Seville, Palafox, and North Hill—though they are easy to explore as a unit. Stroll down streets mapped out by the British and renamed by the Spanish, such as Cervantes, Palafox, Intendencia, and Tarragona.
An influx of restaurants and bars has brought new nightlife to the historic districts, especially Palafox Street, which is now home to a thriving entertainment scene. Taste buds water over fresh coastal cuisine from a number of award-winning, locally owned and operated restaurants, and the downtown entertainment district offers fun for any age throughout the year—festivals, events at bars and concert venues, and a growing Mardi Gras celebration.
At the southern terminus of Palafox Street is Plaza DeLuna, a 2-acre park with open grounds, interactive water fountains, and an amphitheater. It's a quiet place to sit and watch the bay, fish, or enjoy the city's Thursday-evening sunset celebration.
Pensacola at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Panhandle
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book Now & Save! Tallahassee Fr $99+/Nt Travelocity
- Save in Tallahassee: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $57+/Nt Save with Expedia, $14/night less
- Up to 13% OFF on Tallahassee 5 Nts Htl + Air Fr $579 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Economy rentals in Tallahassee Hotwire
- Visit Tallahassee for Less: Hotels Fr $71+/Nt — $71 Travelocity