The Panhandle Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Plan Your The Panhandle Vacation
The sugar-white sands of the Panhandle's beaches stretch 227 miles from Pensacola east to Apalachicola. Sprinkle in clear emerald waters, towering dunes, and laid-back small towns where the fish are always biting and the folks are friendly, and you have a region with local color that's beloved by Floridians and visitors alike.
Many of the lodging selections here revolve around extended-stay options: resorts, condos, and time-shares that allow for a week or more in simple efficiencies...read more
An abundance of seafood is served at coastal restaurants: oysters, crab, shrimp, scallops, and a variety of fish. Of course, that's not all there is on...read more
Things To Do in The Panhandle
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now61° F Overcast 75% Humidity April 20, 2014 at 0:53AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
a few good restaurants...don't want the glitz and noise of South Beach. Was leaning towards Palm Beach or ...either coast is fine Read more