- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Manatee and Eco River Tours. To spot some sea cows in the Fort Myers area, hook up with Manatee and Eco River Tours. Open November 1-April 30, during the height of manatee viewing season. Reservations required. 16991 Rte. 31, Fort Myers, FL, 33905. 239/693–1434. www.manateeandrivertours.com.
Captiva Cruises. Shelling, dolphin, luncheon, beach, sunset, and history cruises run to and around the out islands of Cabbage Key, Useppa Island, Cayo Costa, and Gasparilla Island. Night sky cruises and excursions also go to the Edison and Ford Winter Estates. Excursions cost $27 to $70 each. McCarthy's Marina, 11401 Andy Rosse La., Captiva, FL, 33924. 239/472–5300. www.captivacruises.com.
Manatee Sightseeing Adventure. Tours to sight these gentle creatures run near Marco Island. 525 Newport Dr., Naples, FL, 34114. 239/642–8818. www.see-manatees.com.
Tarpon Bay Explorers. One of the best ways to see the J.N. "Ding" Darling National Wildlife Refuge is by taking one of these guided or self-guided nature tours. There are many options to choose depending on your activity level and desire—including a sea life cruise, open-air tram tours, and nature cruises, to name a few. Rentals of kayaks, canoes, stand-up paddleboards, bikes, and pontoon boats are right on-site. Charter boats are also available. 900 Tarpon Bay Rd., Sanibel, FL, 33957. 239/472–8900. www.tarponbayexplorers.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's