Calusa Heritage Trail
Calusa Heritage Trail Review
Affiliated with the University of Florida's natural history museum in Gainesville, this 7/10-mile interpretive walkway explores the site of an ancient Amerindian village—more than 1,500 years old—with excellent signage, two intact shell mounds you can climb, the remains of a complex canal system, and ongoing archaeological research. Guided tours are given 3 times a week from January to April. Check the website for special tours and lecture events.
- Address: Randell Research Center, 13810 Waterfront Dr., Bokeelia, Pine Island, Pineland, FL, 33945 | Map It
- Phone: 239/283–2157
- Cost: $7 (suggested donation)
- Hours: Daily 10–4. Restrooms and gift shop closed Sun.
- Website: www.flmnh.ufl.edu/rrc
- Location: Cape Coral, Pine Island, and North Fort Myers
View deals in The Lower Gulf Coast for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More