- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Alison Hagerup Beach Park
Alison Hagerup Beach Park Review
This park, once called Captiva Beach, is acclaimed as one of the nation's most romantic beaches for its fabulous sunsets—the best view on Sanibel and Captiva. Shells stud the white, wide sands. The parking lot is small, so arrive early, and bring an umbrella if you need shade. The beach can get crowded, especially in the busy winter/spring season. Facilities are limited to portable restrooms and a volleyball net, but stores and restaurants are nearby. South Seas Island Resort lines the north end of the beach. Amenities: parking (fee); toilets. Best for: sunsets; swimming; walking.
- Address: Captiva Dr., at the north end Captiva, FL 33924
- Cost: Parking $2 per hr., $10 for 8 hrs.
- Location: Sanibel and Captiva Islands
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I just got home last night. Read more
*What Do You Mean Forgotten?*
As a boy learning about US history, what seemed to be described as "earliest" European settlement in the US included the Pilgrims arriving in Plymouth Rock, with a certai Read more
I am taking a three day trip starting on March 9 to visit my brother who lives in Altamonte Springs. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more