Gasparilla Island State Park and Port Boca Grande Lighthouse Museum
Gasparilla Island State Park and Port Boca Grande Lighthouse Museum Review
The island's beaches are its greatest prize and lie within the state park at the south end. The long, narrow beach ends at Boca Grande Pass, famous for its deep waters and tarpon fishing. The pretty, two-story, circa-1890 lighthouse once marked the pass for mariners. In recent years it has been restored as a museum that explores the island's fishing and railroad heritage. The lighthouse is closed in August.
- Address: 880 Belcher Rd., Boca Grande, FL, 33921 | Map It
- Phone: 941/964–0060
- Cost: $3 per vehicle; $2 suggested donation to lighthouse (exact change only)
- Hours: Park daily 8–sunset. Lighthouse Nov.–April, Mon.–Sat. 10–4, Sun. noon–4; May–July, Sept., and Oct., Wed.–Sat. 10–4, Sun. noon–4.
- Website: www.floridastateparks.org/gasparillaisland
- Location: Gasparilla Island (Boca Grande)
View deals in The Lower Gulf Coast for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More