- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
'Tween Waters Inn
At a Glance
- great views
- lots of water-sports options
- free Wi-Fi
- beach is across the road
Check Rates from our Partners
'Tween Waters Inn Review
Besides its great beach-to-bay location, this inn has historic value and in 2011 was listed in the National Register of Historic Places. In the 1930s, Pulitzer Prize–winning cartoonist and conservationist "Ding" Darling, namesake of Sanibel's refuge, stayed in the historic cottages here, which are the most charming of the property's accommodations. Anne Morrow Lindbergh, wife of famed aviator Charles, also stayed in one of the cottages while authoring her book Gifts from the Sea. Today, water-sports enthusiasts especially like the rentals and charters at the marina. Couples and families are at home in the beautiful multibedroom units with kitchen facilities and updated furnishings. On-site dining options include The Old Captiva House, Oasis pool bar, and Crow's Nest lounge. The Spa at 'Tween Waters Inn is full-service and a welcome indulgence.
- Address: Captiva Dr., Captiva, FL 33924 | Map It
- Phone: 239/472–5161; 800/223–5865
- Website: www.tween-waters.com
- Location: Sanibel and Captiva Islands
- 48 rooms, 24 studios, 41 1-bedroom suites, 4 2-bedroom suites, 2 3-bedroom suites, 19 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I just got home last night. Read more
*What Do You Mean Forgotten?*
As a boy learning about US history, what seemed to be described as "earliest" European settlement in the US included the Pilgrims arriving in Plymouth Rock, with a certai Read more
I am planning on moving to Florida with my husband and 2 kids and also I have a horse. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more