- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The Naples Municipal Airport is a small facility east of downtown principally serving private planes, commuter flights, and charters. A taxi for up to three passengers is about $60–$90 from Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) in Fort Myers to Naples; each additional person is charged $10. If you prefer to book a car or limo pickup in advance, three major companies are Aaron Airport Transportation, Naples Taxi & Limo Services, and Naples Airport Shuttle. In Naples and Marco Island, Collier Area Transit runs regular routes.
Downtown Naples is 15 miles south of Bonita Springs, on U.S. 41. If you're driving here from Florida's east coast, consider Alligator Alley, a toll section of Interstate 75 that's a straight shot from Fort Lauderdale to Naples. In Naples, east–west county highways exiting off Interstate 75 include, from north to south, Immokalee Road (Route 846), Pine Ridge Road (Route 896), and Collier Boulevard (Route 951), which actually goes north–south and takes you also to Marco Island.
Aaron Airport Transportation (239/768–1898. www.aarontaxi.com.)
Collier Area Transit (CAT) (239/252–7777. www.colliergov.net.)
Naples Airport Shuttle (239/430–4747 or 888/569–2227. www.naplesairportshuttle.com.)
Naples Taxi & Limo Services (239/435-0000 or 800/472–1371. www.naplestaxiflorida.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's