The Lower Gulf Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Heavenly beaches: Whether you go to the beach to sun, swim, gather shells, or watch the sunset, the region's Gulf of Mexico beaches rank among the best.
Edison & Ford Winter Estates: A rare complex of two famous inventors' winter homes comes complete with botanical-research gardens, Edison's lab, and a museum.
Island hopping: Rent a boat or jump aboard a charter for lunch, picnicking, beaching, or shelling on a subtropical island adrift from the mainland.
Naples shopping: Flex your buying power in downtown Naples's charming shopping districts or in lush outdoor centers around town.
Watch for wildlife: On the edge of Everglades National Park, the region protects vast tracts of fragile land and water where you can see alligators, manatees, dolphins, roseate spoonbills, and hundreds of other birds.Updated: 10-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's