- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa Review
Haute tropicale best describes this luxury retreat, and "second mortgage" might explain how some can afford the extravagant prices. But for those who can, it's worth the price. This property sits on a 5-acre palm-fringed island 3 mi offshore from Little Torch Key. The 30 oceanfront thatch-roof bungalow suites have slate-tile baths, mosquito-netting-draped king-size beds, and British colonial-style furnishings. Other comforts include an indoor and outdoor shower, private veranda, separate living room, and comfy robes and slippers. Two Island Grand Suites are twice the size of the others and offer his-and-hers bathrooms, an outdoor hot tub, and uncompromising ocean views. To preserve the quiet atmosphere, there are no TVs in the bungalows and cell phones are highly discouraged in public areas.
Perched on its own 5-acre island among the Lower Florida Keys, Little Palm Island feels as though you've arrived for an uncharted South Seas fantasy. Thatched huts are designed for romance—you won't find a television or phone. In their place are amenities like indoor and outdoor showers, whirlpool baths for two, and beach bags stocked with towels. Guests come here for maximum relaxation, punctuating quiet mornings with diving and fishing excursions. Afternoons may be spent indulging in massages, lounging on the small beach or poolside, and dining gloriously on Caribbean-French fusion masterpieces at the restaurant.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $181 & up -- Miami: 4-Star Ocean Drive Hotel w/Rebate BookIt.com
- $95 -- Miami Beach Oceanfront Hotel, Reg. $243 BookIt.com
- $45 & up -- Florida's Gulf Coast: Deals up to 55% Off The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel
- $10 per day & up -- Car Rentals in Florida, up to 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car
- $65-$89 -- Orlando Hotel by Disney w/Shuttle & Kids Eat Free — $65-$89 BookIt.com
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
If anyone is looking to spend time at any beach, you must come and check out all the great beach's here in Florida. Read more