- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Key West Eco-Tours. Key West is surrounded by marinas, so it's easy to find what you're looking for, whether it's sailing with dolphins or paddling in the mangroves. These sail-kayak-snorkel excursions take you into backcountry flats and mangrove forests without the crowds. The 4½-hour trip costs $99 per person and includes lunch. Private sunset sails ($295) and private charters ($545) are also available. Historic Seaport, 100 Grinnell St., Key West, FL, 33040. 305/294-7245. www.keywestecotours.com.
Lazy Dog Kayak Guides. Take a two- or four-hour guided sea kayak-snorkel tour around the mangrove islands just east of Key West. The $40 or $60 charge, respectively, covers transportation, bottled water, a snack, and supplies, including snorkeling gear. Paddleboard tours are $40. Rentals for self-touring are also available. 5114 Overseas Hwy., Key West, FL, 33040. 305/295-9898. www.lazydog.com.
SUP Key West. The latest Florida hybrid water sport involves a surfboard and a paddle, a Hawaii transplant known as stand-up paddleboarding. SUP Key West does lessons and tours of the estuaries for $45-$60. Call ahead to make arrangements. 110 Grinnell St., Key West, FL, 33040. 305/240-1426. www.supkeywest.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$129 -- Suite at Key Largo Hotel w/Private Beach BookIt.com
- $499 & up -- Last Minute: 4-Night Bahamas & Key West Cruise Royal Caribbean