- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Joanie's Blue Crab Cafe
Joanie's Blue Crab Cafe Review
West of the nation's tiniest post office by a quarter mile or so, you'll find this red barn of a place dishing out catfish, frogs' legs, gator, grouper, burgers, salads, and (no surprise here) an abundance of soft-shell crabs, crab cakes, and she-crab soup. Entrées run from $12.95 to market priced. Grab a beer from the cooler and eat at one of the tables out front or on the back patio—keep an eye out for Gertrude, a neighborhood gator on the loose. Joanie's doors are open from 10 am to 5 pm, so don't be late for supper.
- Address: About 3.5 miles east of Highway 29, and west of Ochopee post office, 39395 Tamiami Trail, Ochopee, FL 34141
- Phone: 239/695–2682
- Website: www.joaniesbluecrabcafe.com
- Location: Big Cypress National Preserve
- Closed Mon. (varies seasonally; call to confirm).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I just got home last night. Read more
*What Do You Mean Forgotten?*
As a boy learning about US history, what seemed to be described as "earliest" European settlement in the US included the Pilgrims arriving in Plymouth Rock, with a certai Read more
I am taking a three day trip starting on March 9 to visit my brother who lives in Altamonte Springs. Read more