- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Clyde Butcher's Big Cypress Gallery
Clyde Butcher's Big Cypress Gallery Review
For taking home swamp memories in stark black and white, you can't do better than picking up a postcard, calendar, or more serious piece of artwork by photographer Clyde Butcher at his namesake trailside gallery. Butcher, a big guy with an even bigger beard, is an affable personality renowned for his knowledge of the 'Glades and his ability to capture its magnetism through a large format lens. Even if you can't afford his big stuff, you're warmly invited to gaze. Out back, Butcher and his wife Niki also rent a bungalow ($150 per night) and a cottage ($225 per night) year-round. Ask about Clyde's muck-abouts or Saturday Swamp Walks ($50), September through March. You'll need a hat, long pants, old sneakers, and—because you will get wet—a spare set of clothing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more