- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
City Seafood Review
Owner Richard Wahrenberger serves up gems from the sea delivered fresh from his own boats. Even better, you can chow down on his delectable, sustainable stone crabs— medium, large, jumbo, and colossal based on weight—with clear conscience. After removal of meaty claws, crabs are returned to waters where they grow new ones. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner inside this rustic haven, or sit outdoors to watch pelicans, gulls, tarpon, manatee, and the occasional gator play off the dock in the Barron River. Relax with a beer or wine by the glass. Appetizers run from deep-fried corn to conch, and sandwiches from hot dogs to pulled pork. Big draws, however, remain stone crabs and baskets of smoked mullet, grouper, shrimp, oysters, blue crab, gator, or frogs' legs. Got a cooler? City Seafood can wrap for the road, and also ships. A gift shop sells cutesy crabby-style tanks, boxers, and tees.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more