- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Coral Castle Review
Driven by unrequited love, 100-pound Latvian immigrant Ed Leedskalnin (1887–1951) fashioned this attraction along Dixie Highway in the early 1900s out of massive slabs of coral rock, a feat he likened to building the pyramids. You can learn how he peopled his fantasy world with his imaginary wife and three children, studied astronomy, and created a simple home and elaborate courtyard without formal engineering education and with mostly hand-made tools. Highlights of this National Register of Historic Places site, originally named Rock Gate, include a working sundial, and a banquet table shaped like Florida.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
My family and I are looking for a resort type hotel for a couple of nights at the beginning of August. Read more