- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Flamingo Visitor Center
Flamingo Visitor Center Review
Check the schedule here for ranger-led activities, such as naturalist discussions, trail hikes, and evening programs in the 100-seat campground amphitheater, replacing the old gathering spot destroyed by 2005 hurricanes. The center's Buttonwood Cafe serves sandwiches, salads, and pizza. You'll find natural history exhibits and pamphlets on canoe, hiking, and biking trails in the 2nd-floor Florida Bay Flamingo Museum, accessible only by stairway and a steep ramp.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more