- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Triad Seafood Review
Along the Barron River, seafood houses, fishing boats, and crab traps populate one shoreline; mangroves the other. Selling fresh off the boat, some seafood houses added picnic tables and eventually grew into restaurants. Family-owned Triad Seafood Market & Cafe is one, with a screened dining area, and additional outdoor seating under a breezeway and on a deck (heated in winter) overhanging the river. Here you can savor fresh seafood at its finest, or have it shipped. Nothing fancy (although smoked fish and blue crab salad are on the menu), but you'd be hard-pressed to find a better grouper sandwich. An all-you-can-eat fresh stone crab feast with butter or mustard sauce (October 15 to May 15; market prices fluctuate wildly) can thin out your wallet, especially for the jumbos. Lunch starts at 10:30 am with fried shrimp, oyster, crab cake, and soft-shell blue crab baskets, plus Reubens, Philly cheesesteaks, burgers, and kid meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I just got home last night. Read more
*What Do You Mean Forgotten?*
As a boy learning about US history, what seemed to be described as "earliest" European settlement in the US included the Pilgrims arriving in Plymouth Rock, with a certai Read more
I am taking a three day trip starting on March 9 to visit my brother who lives in Altamonte Springs. Read more