- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Oyster House Restaurant
Oyster House Restaurant Review
One of the town's oldest fish houses, Oyster House serves all the local staples—shrimp, gator tail, frogs' legs, oysters, stone crab, and grouper—in a lodgelike setting with mounted wild game on walls and rafters. Deep-frying remains an art in these parts, so if you're going to indulge, do it here where you can create your own fried platter from $21.95. Try to dine at sunset for golden rays with your watery view. Outside, a 75-foot observation tower affords a terrific overview of the Ten Thousand Islands.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more