- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Royal Palm Visitor Center
Royal Palm Visitor Center Review
Ideal for when there's limited time to experience the Everglades, this small center with a bookstore and vending machines permits access to the Anhinga Trail boardwalk, where in winter spotting alligators congregating in watering holes is almost guaranteed. The neighboring Gumbo Limbo Trail takes you through a hardwood hammock. Combining these short strolls (½ mile or so) allows you to experience two Everglades ecosystems. Rangers conduct daily Anhinga Ambles in season (call ahead for times). A Glades Glimpse program takes place afternoons daily in season, as do starlight walks and bike tours. If you have a mind for history, ask about narrated Nike missile site tours, stemming from the '60s-era Cuban missile crisis.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more