- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Robert Is Here
Robert Is Here Review
Want gifts to take home? This remarkable fruit stand sells more than 100 types of jams, jellies, honeys, and salad dressings along with its vegetables, juices, fresh-fruit milk shakes (try the key lime), and some 30 kinds of tropical fruits, including (in season) carambola, lychee, egg fruit, monstera, sapodilla, dragonfruit, genipa, sugar apple, and tamarind. Back in 1960, the stand got started when seven-year-old Robert sat at this spot selling his father's bumper cucumber crop. Now Robert (still on the scene daily with his wife and kids), ships nationwide and donates seconds to needy area families. An assortment of animals out back—goats to emus—creates entertainment value for kids. Picnic tables, benches, and a waterfall with a koi pond add serenity. On the way to Everglades National Park, Robert opens at 8 am, operating until at least 7, and shutting down from Labor Day until November.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more