- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating: Shark Valley
Many Everglades-area tours operate only in season, roughly November through April.
Buffalo Tiger's Airboat Tours. A former chief of Florida's Miccosukee tribe heads up this Shark Valley area tour operation, although at 90-plus years, the chief no longer skippers the boat. Savvy guides narrate the trip to an old Indian camp on the north side of Tamiami Trail from the American Indian perspective. Don't worry about airboat noise, since engines are shut down during informative talks. The 45-minute tours go 10-5 Saturday through Thursday at $27.50 per person. Look online for discount coupons. Reservations are not required, and credit cards are now accepted at this once cash-only outpost. 29708 S.W. 8th St., 5 mi east of Shark Valley, 25 mi west of Florida's Turnpike, Miami, FL, 33194. 305/559-5250. www.buffalotigersairboattours.com..
More Sports and Outdoors
- Boating: Coe Visitor Center to Flamingo
- Boating: Shark Valley
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring Royal Caribbean
- $649 & up -- 7-Night Cruise thru Mediterranean in Summer — $649 Royal Caribbean