- Fun fishing Cast for some of the world's fightingest game fish—600 species of fish in all—in the Everglades' backwaters.
- Abundant birdlife Check hundreds of birds off your life list, including—if you're lucky—the rare Everglades snail kite.
- Cool kayaking Do a half-day trip in Big Cypress National Preserve or reach for the ultimate—the 99-mile Wilderness Trail.
- Swamp cuisine Hankering for alligator tail and frogs' legs? Or how about swamp cabbage, made from hearts of palm? Better yet, try stone-crab claws fresh from the traps.
- Gator-spotting This is ground zero for alligator viewing in the United States, and there's a good bet you'll leave having spotted your quota.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More