Wind-Away River Review
As this river meanders through most of Discovery Cove, swimmers float lazily through different environments—a sunny beach; a dense, tropical rain forest; an Amazon-like river; a tropical fishing village; an underwater cave; and the aviary. The only drawbacks? The bottom of the river can feel like the bottom of a pool, and the too-often repeated scenery along the way can make it a little tedious. On the other hand, use this as a respite from the heat and a unique way to get around the park. For people with disabilities: Guests with mobility issues who can maneuver themselves with limited assistance can enjoy a tour of the river. Slip in when it gets hot. All are welcome, but it appeals most to teens and adults.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's