Fodor's South Florida 2014
Wind-Away River Review
As this river meanders through most of Discovery Cove, swimmers float lazily through different environments—a sunny beach; a dense, tropical rain forest; an Amazon-like river; a tropical fishing village; an underwater cave; and the aviary. The only drawbacks? The bottom of the river can feel like the bottom of a pool, and the too-often repeated scenery along the way can make it a little tedious. On the other hand, use this as a respite from the heat and a unique way to get around the park. For people with disabilities: Guests with mobility issues who can maneuver themselves with limited assistance can enjoy a tour of the river. Slip in when it gets hot. All are welcome, but it appeals most to teens and adults.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
My family and I are looking for a resort type hotel for a couple of nights at the beginning of August. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more