Fodor's South Florida 2014
As the park opens, many coaster lovers head straight for Kraken, and when you see its loops and dips you'll know why. Named after an angry sea monster, this wickedly fast coaster takes you underground three times, lifts you higher (up to 149 feet), drops you longer, and spirals you faster than any other in Florida. Kraken also packs a serious punch thanks to its floorless seats (your legs dangle loosely), seven inversions, and moments of weightlessness. The line for it moves pretty quickly because of a high seating capacity. Note that bags aren't allowed past the turnstiles. It costs about 50¢ to leave them in a locker, but it's worth the investment. This is one cool coaster, though not for anyone with motion sickness or back, neck, or heart conditions. For people with disabilities: You must transfer from your wheelchair to the ride vehicle. Come as soon as the park opens—especially to snag front-row seats. Otherwise, come at closing or during a Blue Horizons show.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more