When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
The weather is optimal from November through May, but the trade-off is that roadways and hotels are more crowded and prices higher. If the scene is what you're after, try the early weeks of December when "season" isn't yet in full swing. However, be warned that after Easter, the crowd relocates to the Hamptons, and Palm Beach feels like another universe. For some, that's a blessing—and a great time to take advantage of lower summer lodging rates (the Breakers runs promos at a fourth its regular cost). Hurricanes can show up from June to November, but there's always plenty of notice. More important, you'll need to bring your tolerance for heat, humidity, and afternoon downpours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's