- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Society of the Four Arts
Society of the Four Arts Review
Despite widespread misconceptions of its members-only exclusivity, this privately endowed institution—founded in 1936 to encourage appreciation of art, music, drama, and literature—is funded for public enjoyment. Members do have special privileges like free admission, but anyone can enjoy the special programming that goes on here throughout the year. A gallery building artfully melds an exhibition hall that houses traveling exhibits with a 700-seat theater. A library designed by prominent Mizner-peer Maurice Fatio, a children's library, a botanical garden, and the Philip Hulitar Sculpture Garden, which underwent a major renovation in 2007, round out the facilities and are open daily. In addition to the winter art shows, the organization offers films, lectures, workshops, and concerts; a complete schedule is available on the society's website.
- Address: 2 Four Arts Plaza, Palm Beach, FL, 33480 | Map It
- Phone: 561/655-7226
- Cost: $5 gallery, special program costs vary
- Hours: Gallery, Dec.--Apr., Mon.--Sat. 10--5, Sun. 2--5; gardens, daily 10--5; children's library, weekdays 10--4:45, also Sat. 10--12:45 Nov.--Apr.
- Website: www.fourarts.org
- Location: Palm Beach
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $89 & up -- South Beach Hotel w/VIP Passes, Reg. $179 BookIt.com
- $1079 & up -- Florida: Club Med Sandpiper Bay, Save 40% Club Med Sandpiper Bay
- $1099 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $8.46 & up -- Car Rentals across Florida CarRentals.com
- $89 -- Miami: Chic South Beach Hotel w/Breakfast & Cocktails — $89 Clinton Hotel
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
My Lady Wife and I recently visited Boca.
Here is a review of the restaurants we visited.
Sky Asian Fusion – Holiday Inn Conference Ctr, Ocal, FL
A very nice, Asian-inspired room Read more
· News & Features
Palm Beach makes for a posh weekend getaway, what with all the tennis and golf to be played and meals... Read more
Whether or not you aspire to be a Kennedy or a Trump, no trip to Palm Beach would be complete withou... Read more
Sometimes, a girl just needs to get away for the weekend for a little relaxation and rejuvenation.... Read more