- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Jupiter and Vicinity
Jupiter is one of the few towns in the region not fronted by an island, and it's still quite close to the fantastic hotels, shopping, and dining of the Palm Beach area. The beaches here are on the mainland, and Route A1A runs for almost 4 miles along the beachfront dunes and beautiful homes.
Northeast across the Jupiter Inlet from Jupiter is the southern tip of Jupiter Island, which stretches about 15 miles to the St. Lucie Inlet. Here expansive and expensive estates often retreat from the road behind screens of vegetation, and the population dwindles the farther north you go. At the very north end, sea turtles come to nest. To the west, on the mainland, is the little community of Hobe Sound.
Jupiter and Vicinity at a Glance
Elsewhere in Palm Beach and the Treasure Coast
- Boca Raton
- Boynton Beach
- Delray Beach
- Fort Pierce and Port St. Lucie
- Juno Beach
- Lake Okeechobee
- Lake Worth
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's