- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Walt Disney World with Kids 2014
The Florida Hotel & Conference Center
At a Glance
- free in-room Wi-Fi and Internet access
- free parking
- short drive to airport
- neighborhood less than scenic
- besides adjoining mall, little to walk to
- Disney is 18 miles away
- no free shuttles
Check Rates from our Partners
The Florida Hotel & Conference Center Review
Five miles from the airport gates, the hotel is midway between Orlando International and I-Drive, and if you like to shop, you're in for a treat. The large hotel is connected to the upscale Florida Mall, with seven major department stores and 250 specialty shops. A white-tiled lobby welcomes guests with marble floors and fountains. Marcelo's restaurant serves American bistro–style meals, and Cricket's bar offers respite. A state-of-the-art fitness center ensures that energy levels remain ready for shopping. Bright and airy rooms are decorated in neutrals, and all have refrigerators, wall-mounted flat-screen TVs, work stations, and deluxe bedding.
- Address: 1500 Sand Lake Rd., at S. Orange Blossom Trail Orlando International Airport Area, Orlando, FL 32809 | Map It
- Phone: 407/859–1500; 800/588–4656
- Website: www.thefloridahotelorlando.com
- Location: Orlando Metro Area
- 511 rooms, 5 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I just got home last night. Read more
*What Do You Mean Forgotten?*
As a boy learning about US history, what seemed to be described as "earliest" European settlement in the US included the Pilgrims arriving in Plymouth Rock, with a certai Read more
I am planning on moving to Florida with my husband and 2 kids and also I have a horse. Read more
· News & Features
When should you go? ... Read more
So you're Disney-bound.... Read more
Our resident Disney expert is back with the answers to three more burning Mouse-related questions.... Read more