The building seems to be sinking into the ground. Not only that, but it seems to be sinking into the ground at a precarious angle and upside down. Many people stop to take pictures in front of the topsy-turvy facade, complete with upended palm trees and broken skyward-facing sidewalks. Inside, the upside-down theme continues only as far as the lobby. After that, it's a playground of 100 interactive experiences—some incorporating virtual reality, others educational (similar to those at a science museum), and still others pure entertainment. You can experience an earthquake or a hurricane, land a space shuttle using simulator controls, make giant bubbles in the Bubble Lab, play laser tag in the enormous laser-tag arena and arcade, design and ride your own roller coaster, lie on a bed of real nails, and play baseball with a virtual Major League batter.
- Address: 9067 International Dr., I-Drive area, Orlando, FL, 32819 | Map It
- Phone: 407/351–8800
- Cost: $24.99; seniors, 4–12 $19.99; laser tag and Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show extra (online discounts available); parking $3–$9
- Hours: Daily 9 am–midnight
- Website: www.wonderworksonline.com/orlando
- Location: International Drive Area