- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Horse World Riding Stables. Here's a way to get a taste of the days when the Orlando area had more horse and cattle farms than Texas. Horse World offers lessons and rides for groups or individuals on three unspoiled Florida woods trails. Trail rides take about an hour and cost $43.95–$74.95 per person (weeklong ride passes cost $129–$179). Call at least a week ahead for reservations in winter and spring. 3705 Poinciana Blvd., Kissimmee, FL, 34758. 407/847–4343. www.horseworldstables.com.
Silver Spurs Rodeo. Twice a year since the 1940s, bull riders and cowboys have been competing in the Silver Spurs Rodeo, the largest east of the Mississippi. The event is held at Osceola Heritage Park each February and June and features bull and bronc riding, steer wrestling, and barrel racing. From Interstate 4 Exit 77, take Florida's Turnpike south to Exit 244 (Kissimmee–St. Cloud). 1875 Silver Spur La., Kissimmee, FL, 34744. 321/697–3495. www.silverspursrodeo.com. $15. Hrs vary.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's