- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Horse World Riding Stables. Here's a way to get a taste of the days when the Orlando area had more horse and cattle farms than Texas. Horse World offers lessons and rides for groups or individuals on three unspoiled Florida woods trails. Trail rides take about an hour and cost $43.95-$74.95 per person (weeklong ride passes cost $129-$179). Call at least a week ahead for reservations in winter and spring. 3705 Poinciana Blvd., Kissimmee, FL, 34758. 407/847-4343. www.horseworldstables.com.
Silver Spurs Rodeo. Twice a year since the 1940s, bull riders and cowboys have been competing in the Silver Spurs Rodeo, the largest east of the Mississippi. The event is held at Osceola Heritage Park each February and June and features bull and bronc riding, steer wrestling, and barrel racing. From Interstate 4 Exit 77, take Florida's Turnpike south to Exit 244 (Kissimmee-St. Cloud). 1875 Silver Spur La., Kissimmee, FL, 34744. 321/697-3495. www.silverspursrodeo.com. $15. Hrs vary.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $79 -- Orlando 1-Bedroom Suite near Disney, 20% Off Star Island Resort & Club
- $99 -- Orlando: Family Friendly 1-BR Condo near Theme Parks Wyndham Cypress Palms
- $1749 -- Balcony: Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $19.99 & up -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Orlando Sixt Rent a Car