- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Liberal Arts: Orlando's theaters host symphony orchestras, Broadway road shows, and local thespians—from the Shakespearean to the progressive. Jazz, blues, world music, and rock are all part of the music scene. Area museums showcase folk art, Tiffany glass, and 14th- through 20th-century European and American paintings.
The Sciences: The Orlando Science Center has exhibits on human biology, technology, nature, and the stars. At WonderWorks, simulators let you survive an earthquake or pilot a jet. The Kennedy Space Center takes you to the final frontier.
Cultivated Spaces: Gardens devoted to historical blooms, camellias, azaleas, and roses are among the more refined outdoor offerings.
Wild Places: Go all gator at Gatorland or see rescued winged creatures at the Audubon Center for Birds of Prey. Fish, boat, canoe, or swim in Wekiwa Springs State Park or Ocala National Forest.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe