- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Liberal Arts. Orlando's theaters host symphony orchestras, Broadway road shows, and local thespians—from the Shakespearean to the progressive. Jazz, blues, world music, and rock are all part of the music scene. Area museums showcase folk art, Tiffany glass, and 19th- and 20th-century American and European painting.
The Sciences. The Orlando Science Center has exhibits on human biology, technology, nature, and the stars. At WonderWorks, simulators let you survive an earthquake or pilot a jet. The Kennedy Space Center takes you to the final frontier.
Cultivated Spaces. Gardens devoted to historical blooms, camellias, azaleas, and roses are among the more refined outdoor offerings.
Wild Places. Go all gator at Gatorland or see rescued winged creatures at the Audubon Center for Birds of Prey. Fish, boat, canoe, or swim in Wekiwa Springs State Park or Ocala National Forest.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $65-$89 -- Orlando Hotel by Disney w/Shuttle & Kids Eat Free BookIt.com
- $119-$149 -- Orlando: Condo near Disney w/Private Hot Tub BookIt.com
- $10 per day & up -- Car Rentals in Florida, up to 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car
- $144-$175 -- Orlando 4-Diamond Resort near Disney, 45% Off — $144-$175 Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
- $19.99 & up -- Rent a Chevrolet Cruze in Orlando — $20 Sixt Rent a Car