- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tips for Senior Citizens
People 65 and older who are vibrant and active are more likely to characterize themselves by family or interest (solo travelers, couples on a second—or third—honeymoon, or grandparents) than by age.
One good time to think of age is when it comes to discounts! Being older than 65 can mean perks such as reduced fares or specials on airfare, hotels, and restaurants. Two examples include the I-Ride Trolley, which cruises International Drive and offers a 25-cent fare for passengers age 65 and older; and the LYNX public transportation system, which offers various AdvantAge fares for passengers age 65 and older via the website www.golynx.com or in person at the Downtown Orlando central depot.
You can find a wealth of senior discounts through AARP, which, despite the name, does not require retirement to reap the benefits. Membership is open to anyone age 50 or older, costs only $16 a year, and entitles you to a wide variety of services and discounts. These are updated regularly on the AARP website www.aarp.org.Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's