- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Northeast Florida has historic port cities like Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach and St. Augustine and inland towns like Micanopy and Gainesville, as well as the urban hub of Jacksonville. About two hours south of Jacksonville, on Interstate 95, Titusville is the entry point for the Kennedy Space Center. It marks the northern perimeter of the Space Coast, which includes Cocoa and Melbourne. If you take U.S. 1, it lengthens the trip, but the scenery makes up for the inconvenience. Route A1A/Atlantic Avenue is the main road on all the barrier islands. In many places on A1A, you can see the area's beautiful beaches from your car window.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's