Old City House Inn & Restaurant
At a Glance
- free Wi-Fi
- on-site restaurant
- thin walls
- may have to share room with a ghost!
Old City House Inn & Restaurant Review
Touches of Paris, Venice, and India are just a few of the surprises within this small two-story inn's coquina walls, where the rooms are decorated to reflect international cities or themes. Under new ownership by innkeepers Christopher Tur and Juan Solano, the property's tall brick walls and lush foliage offer ample privacy although it's downtown and near busy attractions. Friday night wine-and-cheese parties on the porch enable guests to get to know each other and swap ghost stories (legend has it that a Spanish soldier who accidentally shot himself still patrols the hallway). Each room has its own entrance, and a 2nd-floor deck is perfect for taking in sunsets. The property includes a small restaurant open for dinner and for "quick bites" in the late afternoon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a quick four night trip to Miami Beach. There were nine of us ranging in age from 6 to 79. We stayed at the Fontaineb... Read more
Recently returned from a visit to Key West that did not begin auspiciously: http://polloplayer.wordpress.com/2014/07/05/florida-road-trip-part-5-our-not-favorite-day-in-key-we... Read more