- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Verandah Restaurant Review
Although it's at the Amelia Island Plantation, this family-friendly restaurant is open to nonresort guests, many of whom drive in from Jacksonville. The dining room has a casual vibe, with plush, roomy booths and tables overlooking the tennis facility, but the menu is all business. Start with the crab cake—nearly 100% blue crab—or deviled eggs topped with pecanwood smoked bacon. Fresh seafood entrées are a highlight, including the Florida fish muddle (fresh catch with Mayport shrimp and clams) and line-caught pink snapper with Cohen Farm's pecans and local strawberries. And if you luck out and find she-crab soup on the menu (it's seasonal and not always available), order yourself the biggest bowl or bucket they have.
- Address: Omni Amelia Island Plantation, 39 Beach Lagoon, Amelia Island, FL 32034 | Map It
- Phone: 904/261–6161
- Hours: No lunch
- Website: www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/AmeliaIsland/Dining.aspx
- Location: Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach
- Reservations essential.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more
· News & Features
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more