Fodor's South Florida 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Venetian Pool Review
Sculpted from a rock quarry in 1923 and fed by artesian wells, this 820,000-gallon municipal pool had a major face-lift in 2010. It remains quite popular because of its themed architecture—a fantasy version of a waterfront Italian village—created by Denman Fink. The pool has earned a place on the National Register of Historic Places and showcases a nice collection of vintage photos depicting 1920s beauty pageants and swank soirees held long ago. Paul Whiteman played here, Johnny Weissmuller and Esther Williams swam here, and you should, too (but no kids under 3). A snack bar, lockers, and showers make this must-see user-friendly as well.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a quick four night trip to Miami Beach. There were nine of us ranging in age from 6 to 79. We stayed at the Fontaineb... Read more
Recently returned from a visit to Key West that did not begin auspiciously: http://polloplayer.wordpress.com/2014/07/05/florida-road-trip-part-5-our-not-favorite-day-in-key-we... Read more