- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Khong River House
Khong River House Review
A James Beard Foundation semifinalist as America's Best New Restaurant 2013, Khong River House brings the exotic flavors of rural Thailand to Miami's storied Lincoln Road. Don't expect pad Thai here. Unlike your typical American Thai restaurant, Khong doles out hefty portions of lesser-known dishes common to the Mekong River and Golden Triangle region, where Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam converge. Ambush your senses with Kuay Teaw Hor Phama (Burmese noodle wraps stuffed with chilis, roasted peanuts, palm sugar, and cilantro), Gang Pah Gai (northeastern-style jungle curry), or Pad Ped Grob Prik Thai On (Thai-style crispy duck). The restaurant is also a visual feast for the senses with seductive hardwood walls and furnishings, tastefully placed Buddhist statues, as well as a clandestine second-floor dining room.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
There's a constant stream of new shops opening in Miami, ready to cater to the city's stylish locals and... Read more
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy... Read more