- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hy-Vong Vietnamese Cuisine
Hy-Vong Vietnamese Cuisine Review
Florida's best Vietnamese food in the heart of Little Havana? It may sound bizarre, but Hy-Vong will have you rethinking your drive to Calle Ocho for Cuban cuisine. In fact, people are willing to wait on the sidewalk for hours to sample the cha gio (Vietnamese spring rolls), fish panfried with mango or with nuoc man (a garlic-lime fish sauce), not to mention the pork thit kho (caramelized braised pork) stewed in coconut milk. Beer-savvy proprietors Kathy Manning and Tung Nguyen serve a half-dozen top brews (Double Grimbergen, Peroni, and Spaten, among them) to further inoculate the experience from the ordinary—well, as ordinary as a Vietnamese restaurant on Calle Ocho can be. Arrive early to avoid long waits.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
There's a constant stream of new shops opening in Miami, ready to cater to the city's stylish locals and... Read more
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy... Read more