- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Delano Hotel Review
The decor of this grand hotel is inspired by Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland, and as you make your way from the sparse, busy, spacious lobby past cascading white curtains and through rooms dotted with strange, whimsical furniture pieces, you will feel like you are indeed falling down a rabbit hole. Brush by celebrities and expatriates as you make your way to the vast oceanfront gardens and enormous pool outside, where the rich and famous lounge in white cabanas. Like most hotels on South Beach's hottest strip, the Delano boasts glamour and wealth. Make sure to visit the new signature restaurant, Bianca, and über-exclusive subterranean lounge, FDR, both created by Las Vegas's trendy Light Group.
This South Beach hotel attracts the beautiful people, who stay at the famed bungalows, sip pricey cocktails, nibble on sushi, and lounge next to the palm-tree–lined pool with its underwater soundtrack and café table in the shallow end. Midcentury-modern furniture is featured throughout, and massive, sheer-white floor-to-ceiling drapes blow in the lobby's seaside breeze.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$89 -- Chic South Beach Hotel w/Cocktails, 45% Off Clinton Hotel
- $89 & up -- South Beach Hotel w/VIP Passes, Reg. $179 BookIt.com
- $19.99 -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Miami Sixt Rent a Car
- $136 & up -- 4-Star South Beach Hotel w/Wi-Fi, Reg. $279 — $136 BookIt.com
- $41 & up -- Rent a Mercedes in Florida, 10% Off — $41 Sixt Rent a Car
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more
Do you think I could get a cruise to the Key West from Miami and back? Read more
· News & Features
Whether you go for the sun-drenched fun or the fantastic food, Miami is calling. ... Read more
Whether you go for the sun-drenched beaches or the fantastic Art Deco design, you'll want to stay in South... Read more
Think you've done Miami?... Read more