- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Bass Museum of Art
Bass Museum of Art Review
Special exhibitions join a diverse collection of European art at this museum whose original building is constructed of keystone and has unique Maya-inspired carvings. An expansion designed by Japanese architect Arata Isozaki houses another wing and an outdoor sculpture garden. Works on permanent display include The Holy Family, a painting by Peter Paul Rubens; The Tournament, one of several 16th-century Flemish tapestries; and works by Albrecht Dürer and Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. Docent tours are by appointment but free with entry.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After 3 years of staying with various friends and visiting towns recommended by others, I found a Florida town that met my criteria for possible relocation/retirement. Read more
My husband and I both in our early 30's, just returned about two weeks ago from a mini vaca to Walt Disney World in Orlando. Read more
Thinking about heading there in January. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
Florida's coasts are cluttered with massive resort-style hotels, but on your next Florida jaunt, why no... Read more