- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Top Reasons to Go to Miami and Miami Beach
The Beach: Miami Beach has been rated as one of the 10 best in the world. White sand, warm water, and bronzed bodies everywhere provide just the right mix of relaxation and people-watching.
Dining Delights: Miami's eclectic residents have transformed the city into a museum of epicurean wonders, ranging from Cuban and Argentine fare to fusion haute cuisine.
Wee-Hour Parties: A 24-hour liquor license means clubs stay open until 5 am, and after-parties go until noon the following day.
Picture-Perfect People: Miami is a watering hole for the vain and beautiful of South America, Europe, and the Northeast. Watch them—or join them—as they strut their stuff and flaunt their tans on the white beds of renowned art deco hotels.
Art Deco District: Iconic pastels and neon lights accessorize the architecture that first put South Beach on the map in the 1930s.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $181 & up -- Miami: 4-Star Ocean Drive Hotel w/Rebate BookIt.com
- $95 -- Miami Beach Oceanfront Hotel, Reg. $243 BookIt.com
- $10 per day & up -- Car Rentals in Florida, up to 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car
- $179-$239 -- 4-Star Fort Lauderdale-Area Resort, Save $120 — $179-$239 The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- $19.99 -- Rent a Chevrolet Cruze in Miami — $20 Sixt Rent a Car